The Iowa Hawkeyes No. 6 women’s basketball team heads to the Little Apple to take on the Kansas State Wildcats. It’s a battle between two NCAA tournament teams from last season.
The Hawkeyes join Drake after a hard-fought away win. Iowa won that contest in overtime, 92-86, behind Monika Czinano’s big day. Czinano’s 36 points and 11 rebounds helped her earn Big Ten Player of the Week status.
Buy Hawkeyes tickets
Point guard Caitlin Clark added 28 points to help the Hawkeyes’ pace. Both she and Czinano were named to this week’s John R. Wooden Award Preseason Top 50. McKenna Warnock added 11 points for Iowa in his win over Drake.
“I’m very happy to be able to take to the streets here and win. Allison is doing a great job with this program and I’m very happy for her. Katie Dinnebier played extremely well today. We were happy with our 21 assists in 11 turnovers.
“I was glad we came out and got 21 offensive rebounds in the second half. Gabbie had some clutch threes for us and played a great defense. For us it was a special game because of Lisa Brinkmeyer and we just wanted to honor her. I think both teams played so well today to honor Lisa,” said Lisa Bluder, Iowa women’s basketball head coach after the win over Drake.
Now it’s time to draw attention to the Kansas State Wildcats. So fans can follow the action.
- Date: Thursday 17 Nov
- Time: 8 p.m. CT
- TV channel: ESPN+
- Hawkeye radio network: listen
ESPN+: Brian Smoller, Missy Heidrick and Jazmin Halliburton
Hawkeye radio network: Rob Brooks, Bit by Bit; Jamie Cavey Lang, color commentary
- Caitlin Clark: 24.7 points, 7.3 assists, 6.3 rebounds per game; 36.0% 3-point FG
- Monica Czinano: 23.0 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists per game; 69.2% FG
- McKenna Warnock: 10.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists per game; 60.0% FG, 50.0% 3 point FG
- Hannah Stuelke: 9.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists per game; 65.0% FG
- Gaby Gregory: 22.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists per game; 50.0% FG, 40.0% 3 point FG
- Jaelyn Glenn: 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists per game; 52.2% FG, 50.0% 3 point FG
- Serena Sundell: 12.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 6.0 assists per game